Saturday, July 6, 2013

‘I’m Important! I’m Somebody!’ Baptist Pastor Throws Epic ‘Hissy Fit,’ Berates Churchgoers

http://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-im-important-im-somebody-baptist-pastor-throws-epic-hissy-fit-berates-churchgoers/


Fun times at the Immanuel Baptist Church of Skiatook, Oklahoma.
Recent video shows pastor Jim Standridgethrowing what can only be described as an uncomfortably epic hissy-fit upon discovering one of his younger churchgoers had fallen asleep during his sermon.
“Don’t you go to sleep while I’m talking?” Standridge said from his pulpit, looking directly at the snoozing churchgoer. “Hey! Hey! Don’t you lay your head back!”
“I’m important. I’m somebody,” the pastor continued as he stepped down from the pulpit and walked directly over to the unidentified sleepy male. “You may do your English teacher that way, but I’m not here teaching English. I’m teaching eternal life.” Standridge walked over to the man, stood over him, and sternly told him: “You stay awake and you listen to me.”
this is the audacity of self importance, ok sleeping means you miss the message, which is suppose to be Gods message, but rev. got his own God complex going on. the whole thing was about dissing him not God, he's important not God, he's somebody not God.
given his lesson plan and his singling out of himself as the all n one teaching eternal life my question is who's eternal life not God's really don't believe Jesus taught in that manner chastising his flock and pointing out his all importance, wonder what his congregation thinks of him now and if he scared the kids?  religion in the red states extreme like everything else, surprised he didn't threaten fire and brimstone, but comes awfully close in his judgement of others.
seems he doesn't read the Bible either "you shall not judge lest ye be judged" he must have been absent that day.
“And where have you been, Mr. Underwood?” the pastor said, pointing directly to another man in the audience. “And I noticed on the calendar, I’m supposed to marry y’all. What makes you think I’d marry you? You’re one of the sorriest church members I have,” he exclaimed as he walked towards the man seated with his fiancé.
He continued berating the man, telling him “You’re not worth 15 cents!” before pointing at his bride-to-be and expressing befuddlement that she would consider marrying such a man who “doesn’t know where he belongs.” Standridge then turned to the rest of the crowd and expressed his “love for these kids,” telling the “big boy” to stand up so he could shake his hand, hug him, and reassure him that he “loves” him.
“I’m the real deal,” the pastor said as he walked away from the groom-to-be.