Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fox's Bolling Offers Second Apology For Calling Female UAE Pilot "Boobs On The Ground"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/09/26/foxs-bolling-offers-second-apology-for-calling/200921

BOLLING: A personal comment before we go to break. Earlier this week I made a comment that was wholly inappropriate, and I apologize for it. The comment became during K. G.'s One More Thing honoring UAE bomber pilot Major Miriam al-Mansouri, who bombed ISIS. My remark was not intended to be disparaging of her, but that's how it was taken. I should have known better and used better judgment.
Yesterday I made an apology on this show, but it was inadequate. Fox News has received letters from viewers including from women in the military, and I have taken them to heart. Therefore, let me speak clearly and sincerely. I'm sorry for what I said, I believe that Major al-Mansouri is a hero, she's courageous, brave, and she deserves our praise, not inappropriate jokes. I appreciate that she is fighting the extreme radicals that threaten all of us. She has my admiration and my very, very sincere gratitude. 

disengenuous and had not someone told him to apologize however half hearted we would not have heard a peep maybe more right wing takes but no apology