Thursday, August 28, 2014

Living While Black: Police attack men for sitting, not resisting, not walking, pockets.


http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/28/1325341/-Living-While-Black-Police-attack-men-for-sitting-not-resisting-not-walking-pockets
Police punches unarmed black woman 15 times as the attack is caught on ...11: The Week Before
only thing missing from recent attacks from the 60's 70's dogs and water hoses

Incident 1: Sitting while black in a public space.
The African-American man was sitting outside a store, waiting for his kids to get out of school. The store clerk got nervous - a black man sitting! For ten minutes! - so he called the police. When the police arrived, they demanded his ID. He didn't comply:
The man in the video tells the officer he was sitting in front of the store for 10 minutes as he waited for his kids to get out of school, and that the area is public and he had a right to sit there.
“The problem was —” the female officer begins.
“The problem is I’m black,” the man fires back. “It really is, because I’m not sitting there with a group of people. I’m sitting there by myself. By myself, not causing a problem.”
Eventually a second male officer approaches the man in the video and attempts to restrain him.
“I’ve got to go get my kids,” the man tells the second officer, pulling his arm away. “Please don’t touch me.”
“You’re going to go to jail then,” the second officer says.
“I’m not doing anything wrong,” the man replies.
At this point, both officers grab the man.
“Come on brother,” the man says, “This is assault.”
“I’m not your brother,” the second officer replies. “Put your hands behind your back otherwise it’s going to get ugly.”
Eventually the officers start to cuff the man and he drops his cellphone and the video goes black.
“I haven’t done anything wrong!” we hear the man yell. “Can somebody help me? That’s my kids, right there! My kids are right there!”
“Put your hands behind your back!” the male officer screams.

should law be that citizens have to be compliant to police irrational or not does that then make us duplicitous to our own fate under the heel of police?  police can be quite anal when you state your case as not violating law they then lead those outraged into a form of entrapment that can lead to their brutality others cut to the chase and go for the juggler right off no fuss no muss just straight up aggressiveness.  we've seen the video of non confrontational being beaten and shot as we saw with Mike Brown surrender does not stop the blood letting.