Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Special Olympian writes open letter to Ann Coulter over offensive tweet

http://www.newser.com/story/156290/new-ann-coulter-brouhaha-mitt-nice-to-retard-obama.html


During Monday's presidential debate, conservative pundit and paid provocateur Ann Coulter said she supported Mitt Romney's strategy to not attack President Barack Obama. Or, as Coulter put it on Twitter, "I highly approve of Romney's decision to be kind and gentle to the retard."
On Tuesday, John Franklin Stephens, a Special Olympics athlete, published an open letter to Coulter, asking her why she continually uses the "R-word."
"I'm a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public's perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow," Stephens wrote. "I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night."
10,000 dollar bet they all had a good laugh at that one, but the fact is it is prejudicial and wreaks of right wing bigotry so much so her own party turned on her depraved statement.