Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Cruz: 'I May Have Misspoken' When I Said I Talked To McCain (VIDEO)


http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-john-mccain-misspoken

Xrnkapfs3dnlavy5z2rz

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) admitted on Monday that he did not directly speak with Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) about holding Armed Services Committee hearings on whether soldiers should be able to carry concealed weapons on military bases.
On Monday evening, McCain mocked Cruz's claim that the two had spoken about the issue.
"I’d be glad to discuss the issue and see if we need a hearing, but it came as a complete surprise to me that he had been pressing me," McCain said.
Cruz clarified on Tuesday that he spoke about the issue at Senate Armed Services Committee hearings, but not directly to McCain, the new chair of the committee.
 "The question of concealed carry on military bases is an issue I raised repeatedly. I’ve raised it in open hearings of the Senate Armed Services Committee — hearings where John McCain was, I believe, present at those hearings," Cruz said on Fox News. "And I also urged the prior chairman, Carl Levin, in writing, to hold hearings on allowing our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines to carry weapons on military bases."
"I will acknowledge, I may have misspoken in New Hampshire when I said that I had been pressing John McCain, and what I had been pressing is the Armed Services Committee. And John McCain is the new chairman of it," Cruz continued.
this is another example of right wing arrogance in assuming others allegedly on their side will either let a lie pass or confirm it knowing it's untrue.  the one telling the lie of that magnitude know well that they did or did not speak with another heading a committee that would hear his argument, that my friends is intent to mislead we the people and include another seasoned politician in the lie making them duplicitous to your crime against the people.  they don't seem to have much love for Cruz especially when he tries to implicate them in his dishonesty.

"i may have misspoken", telling a lie about a lie in an effort to explain or defend the indefensible that is where they always get busted instead of just admitting the infraction they are saying to us "there was nothing wrong with it and here's why".  habitual liars just can't help themselves or their country.

du·plic·i·tous  (do͞o-plĭs′ĭ-təs, dyo͞o-)
adj.
Given to or marked by deliberate deceptiveness in behavior or speech.