Wednesday, August 20, 2014

'I’m a cop. If you don’t want to get hurt, don’t challenge me'

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/19/1322977/--I-m-a-cop-If-you-don-t-want-to-get-hurt-don-t-challenge-me?detail=email

A riot police officer aims his weapon while demonstrators protest the shooting death of teenager Michael Brown, in Ferguson, Missouri August 13, 2014. Police in Ferguson fired several rounds of tear gas to disperse protesters late on Wednesday, on the fou


With all eyes on the continuing police action in Ferguson, Missouri, some deep thoughts from a Los Angeles police officer:
Regardless of what happened with Mike Brown, in the overwhelming majority of cases it is not the cops, but the people they stop, who can prevent detentions from turning into tragedies. [...]  
Even though it might sound harsh and impolitic, here is the bottom line: if you don’t want to get shot, tased, pepper-sprayed, struck with a baton or thrown to the ground, just do what I tell you. Don’t argue with me, don’t call me names, don’t tell me that I can’t stop you, don’t say I’m a racist pig, don’t threaten that you’ll sue me and take away my badge. Don’t scream at me that you pay my salary, and don’t even think of aggressively walking towards me. Most field stops are complete in minutes. How difficult is it to cooperate for that long?   Ask Michael Brown how long it takes.

wow how slave master does that sound "do what I tell you",  protect and serve, insure the safety beat the hell out of, murder you if you don't do as I say.  how many times have what they said to do was in violation of that person's constitutional rights, how many of those cops wrong and manipulating you because of the threat of bodily harm if you don't comply no matter how unreasonable?

USA Today examined FBI statistics and reported that during a seven year period ending in 2012, there was an average of 400 people killed annually by police of which 96 involved white police officers shooting black individuals.

"How dangerous is it to be a cop?"
The Freeman, a libertarian publication, answers this question: "In 2013, out of 900,000 sworn officers, just 100 died from a job-related injury. That's about 11.1 per 100,000, or a rate of 0.001%." Out of 100 police fatalities, only 31 were killed by gunfire. "Other causes of death were: aircraft accident (1), automobile accident (28), motorcycle accident (4), falling (6), drowning (2), electrocution (1), and job-related illness (13)."
http://blogs.christianpost.com/prayer-concerns/prayer-list-police-kill-400-people-annually-22532/

how many on the police side still think it's no big thing, those 31 who got killed by gunfire this is what they signed up for they knew the chances, I bet all those Black people through the years did not go outside to be killed.