Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Jason Collins' former fiancee, Carolyn Moos, had no idea he was gay | Ball Don't Lie

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/jason-collins-former-fiancee-carolyn-moos-had-no-170001023.html


Carolyn Moos says she had no idea that Jason Collins, her longtime boyfriend and fiancee, was actually gay.
In the Sports Illustrated piece featuring his groundbreaking revelation, the 12-year NBA veteran wrote, "When I was younger I dated women. 
Article PhotoI even got engaged. I thought I had to live a certain way. I thought I needed to marry a woman and raise kids with her. I kept telling myself the sky was red, but I always knew it was blue."
Moos, however, didn't know. The former WNBA player told TMZ that she only found out about Collins' orientation a couple of days before the world did:
Carolyn tells TMZ, she never once suspected he was gay, so the news is shocking. She says Collins eventually revealed everything last weekend — just days before his big announcement — and said that his homosexuality was the real reason he ended things with her.
At the time of their breakup, Carolyn says Jason gave a bunch of BS reasons for calling it quits ... and she could never understand what went wrong, until now. [...]
"It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested [eight] years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him. So this is all hard to understand."
i've always wondered aboutthose who were close say they didn't know whatever was exposed for x anount of years, seems you would have to have at least a moment of hmmmmm, i think they don't want the association to be known as complicit of sorts.
Moos, 34, met Collins while the two were both students at Stanford, where she played on the women's basketball team before embarking on a pro career that included stints with the WNBA's Phoenix Mercury, Miami Sol and Minnesota Lynx. The couple dated for seven years and got engaged; Collins ended the engagement in 2009.
"Calling off the wedding was obviously a tough decision," Collins said in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America." "But it was the right one because I knew I wasn't getting married for the right reasons."
While Moos told TMZ she had a hard time processing the real reasons behind the relationship's ending, she doesn't harbor ill will toward Collins.
"I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him," she said. "I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out."
i don't envy one in that position but i feel it takes a lot of intestinal fortitude, good luck Jason. may all your critics get perpetual lock jaw.