Thursday, August 16, 2012

Drive-by bigot Mitt Romney calls kettle black

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/15/1120327/-Drive-by-bigot-Mitt-Romney-calls-kettle-black


So it's come to this. Less than 24 hours after airing his latest demonstrably false, racially driven ad about welfare, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney accused President Obama of waging a "campaign of division and anger and hate." By any measure, Romney's is an amazing—and cynically conscious—case of projection. After all, with a wink and a nod Romney has coddled, aided and abetted his Republican Party's birthers and bigots, its union-busters and gay-bashers, its Muslim-haters and misogynists and more. He's insulted people his backers proudly hate as well as many whose support they claim to seek.
Speaking at a rally in Chillicothe, Ohio, Gov. Romney informed his audience that it is in fact Barack Obama who is "dividing us all in groups":
"He demonizes some. He panders to others. His campaign strategy is to smash America apart and then cobble together 51 percent of the pieces. If an American president wins that way, we all lose," Romney said. "So, Mr. President, take your campaign of division and anger and hate back to Chicago, and let us get about rebuilding and reuniting America."
"IT'S ON VIDEO TAPE STUPID!
"You know, I don't agree with all the people who support me and my guess is they don't all agree with everything I believe in," Romney said. "But I need to get 50.1% or more and I'm appreciative to have the help of a lot of good people."
  "I'll just say this, which is, it's not the language I would have used. I'm focusing on the issues I think are significant in the country today, and that's why I'm here talking about jobs and Ohio."
Five months later, Romney used the same dodge to avoid risking the ire of the tea party Islamophobes who dominate today's Republican Party. When Minnesota congresswoman and vanquished primary rival Michele Bachmann slandered Secretary of State Hillary Clinton's top aide Huma Abedin as having ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, Romney said and did nothing:
"I'm not going to tell other people what things to talk about. Those are not things that are part of my campaign."
Things, apparently, like decency.
we found it here is the fraud no need to violate other's constitutional rights Mr. Romey. is this what they think a leader does, not tell anybody anything leading from behind his behind?  well he's a shoe in cause we know nothing about him except he's a fraud.and closet racist

I asked Mr. Romney whether he would consider including qualified Americans of the Islamic faith in his cabinet as advisers on national security matters, given his position that "jihadism" is the principal foreign policy threat facing America today. He answered, "...based on the numbers of American Muslims [as a percentage] in our population, I cannot see that a cabinet position would be justified. But of course, I would imagine that Muslims could serve at lower levels of my administration."