Sunday, December 27, 2015

MY ICU ODYSSEY

hi guys i promised to share my nightmare at the VA Hospital with you no better time than now buckle up!

i was diagnosed with lung cancer last year after 31 radiation treatments  they said it was gone.  this year i had been coughing and had pains in my sides and was really bad off, the cancer has recurred. on Nov. 25th i went to the ER they sent me to MICU not knowing what was wrong i was quarantined no visitors as you know following day was Thanksgiving that Friday my 67 birthday i spent them both with masked and gloved Dr. and Nurses not sue if i was contagious, that began my 8 day journey.

by it being a holiday weekend they didn't do test till following Monday, they did a Broncostopy this is the procedure below
Image result for bronchoscopy
thy came and got me took me to another room told me they were going to put me to sleep then they said they were going to give me oxygen they covered my face i felt a coolness like oxygen but the
next thing i knew, if you've seen Star Trek you know when they go to warp speed everything around them looks like streaking lights it was like they were rushing me out.  next thing i knew i was in my room i recognized the wall in front of me, they lowered the foot and raised the head making the giant chair i felt like the ling with no power than all became oblivious the wall was now obstructed i had to lean to my left and appear to look around this obstruction when i did i saw the TV which is funny because the TV was at the ceiling and what could obstruct it??  heres a pic of that wall

there was never any obstruction except in my head.  it was like i was in the matrix.  they put a C-Pap machine on me that was industrial compared to the one i have at home it was like Sandy and Katrina were dueling around my head.  i remembered the guy saying it would take about a half an hour to come down, i was scared but not freaking out bouncing off walls i did however do a selfie of me peeking from under the covers when i was coherent it seem to fit the mood i was in.  i never want to experience that ever again i remember saying to doc it's the 60's i was thinking of the drug they anesthetized me with being comparable to street drugs back then.  my whole experience can be defined by a comedian Franklin Ajaye's bit "DISNEYLAND HIGH"
LANGUAGE ALERT!!!
enjoy!!!! oh never did mushrooms honest